Thursday, September 20, 2012

ACUR


First Australasian Conference of Undergraduate Research 2012 (ACUR 2012)
@ Macquarie University

This is my first time in joining academic conference,
 finally experience how conference looks like
well, I joined as volunteer  ( not so pro can be the presenter)
however, it is really an amazing and fruitful event.
Can learn lots thing from other discipline and some are really interesting! 

I chose medical science for first session 
 frankly speaking I have no idea what they are presenting
all the scientific and medical terms 
i only understand t-distribution, p-value and 95% confidence interval
if you learnt statistic before, then you would know what i am saying

For second session, I chose astronomy
well, the picture presented are beautiful and fantastic
even though doesn't really understand

Third session, I chose climate change
finally this is something i can understand
I like the presentation of water sedimentation tank design for rural community the most
she presents it in the way of simple and easy to understand
also, it's research would be possess great help to the local community
(She won the best research paper)


Me, Macy, Elizabeth & Emma

Ms. Lilia with volunteers


Some thought of the day: Different culture have different costume practice
Asians presenters are wearing formal attire (office wear with blazer)
Majority of local presenters are dressed in casual or smart casual

By the way, my application for PACE has been rejected. Disappointed. ='(





No comments:

Post a Comment